Monday, January 23, 2012

The Tooth Extraction

The Tooth Extraction Tube. Duration : 6.00 Mins.


I am PHOBIC of dentists and dental procedures and I wanted to post this becasue I want to help other like me. I had an absessed root and it and the tooth around it were just too far gone to try and save. I'm am full-tilt, phobic of dentists and their procedures. In fact, I'm the worst you will ever see. I've inflicted pain on them, made the procedures last multiple appts long, argued with them, blown the appts off.....you name it. I dont like them. Upon going into a dentist even for a cleaning, I shake, cry, hold my fists tight, and have panic/ anxiety attacks. It takes a special dentist to earn my trust and to keep me in his chair. This dentist not only kept me in his chair without resulting in bodily harm to himself (I have a pain reflex that I'm NOT proud of!), but he did it with only the novacaine derivative they use nowadays. I had my molar pulled without anything but novacaine. Me. The biggest baby you will ever meet! So, my dentist is awesome, he is a rockstar, and I trust him with all my dental procedures. In fact, even though I'm still afraid of dental stuff altogether, I actually think I feel a glimmer of excitement about all the things I need done (most are cosmetic). After this, before I get anymore stuff done, I plan on getting some hypnotherapy to teach me how to meditate through the dental visits. During this procedure, I had no idea my husband had the camera running. I knew he was there because they were using him to calm me from time to time, but I had no ...

Tags: The, Tooth, Extraction, dentist, phobia, absessed, root, TMJ, nitrous, oxide, novacaine, fear, anticipation, gentle, dentistry, shaolinsuzy, suzysugarpants, meditation, power, control

No comments:

Post a Comment